People at Michigan Tech meeting at one campus location to join an audio conference
Any Michigan Tech employee can initiate a conference call from their office or departmental phone by using their campus phone conference calling feature or by utilizing Telcom's Meet-Me Telephone Conferencing Service.
However, there may be times when you will want to hold your meeting in a larger room so additional people can participate in the conference call with you. In this case, it would be beneficial to rent a Conference Phone that is specifically designed for that purpose.
Telcom has several audio conference unit options available, which are suitable for small medium, or large meeting rooms. These full-duplex conferencing solutions can pick up sound all around the room, while limiting noise, so the people in your meeting can talk naturally, and be easily understood.
Telcom can provide conference phone setups for various locations on campus. These setups can include providing conference units on an 'as needed basis' or as a long-term arrangement.
Mitel 5310 IP Conference Unit
The Mitel 5310 IP Conference Unit provides full-duplex, advanced IP conferencing through sophisticated acoustic beam forming technology. With this new technology a microphone array focuses on the party speaking, virtually eliminating all ambient room noise and sidebar conversations.
More information on this unit can be found in the Mitel 5310 IP Conference Unit datasheet.
How It Works
This unit is provided as an attachment to the Mitel 5330, 5340, and 5360 IP phones, allowing you to manage your conference through familiar telephony controls, while eliminating the need for an additional LAN port.
- Instructions for use with the Mitel 5330 & 5340 IP Phone
- Instructions for use with the Mitel 5360 IP Phone
|Mitel 5310 IP Conference Unit (Monthly Rental)||$6.50 per month|
|Mitel 5310 IP Conference Unit (Set-up Fee)||$20.00|
How to Order the Mitel 5310 IP Conference Unit
If you want to use this service, we ask that you submit an email request to email@example.com.
Be sure to use "Mitel 5310 IP Conference Unit Request" as your subject and include the following information in the body of your email:
- Your name
- Your department, building, room number, and phone number
- The account number you want charged
- A date and time of when someone will be available at the location
- The name of a person to contact for a key or the location of where a key can be picked up, if needed
- Any other relevant information, i.e., names, room numbers, equipment types, etc. or names and contact information of others involved with the service requested.
Audio Conference Units
Telcom can provide you with an Audio Conference Unit on an as needed basis. These full-duplex conferencing solutions feature a keypad with a mute button to allow for private side conversations.
|Audio Conference Phone Rental||$20.00 per usage|
|Audio Conference Phone Rental with Temporary Phone Line||$30.00 per usage|
How It Works
To form a Conference when a two-party call is already in place, or to add another party to an existing Conference:
- Let your existing caller(s) know that you will be placing them on hold until another party is added to the conference.
- Press the receiver-disconnect or FLASH button to place them on hold. You should have another dialtone.
- Dial the number of the next party and wait for an answer. Tell them they will be placed on hold temporarily.
- Press the receiver-disconnect or FLASH button to place the new party on hold. You should have another dialtone.
- Dial the Conference Call Feature access code *54 to add the new party to the conference call.
To add additional callers to an existing conference call, simply repeat the above steps for each party you add.
How to Order the Conference Phone Equipment Services
If you want to use this service, we ask that you submit your request at least 48 hours in advance of the conference call by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to use "Conference Phone Equipment Request" as your subject and include the following information in the body of your email:
- Your name
- Your Tech ID number
- The date(s) and time(s) the unit will be needed.
- The approximate number of people who will be in the room with you.
- The location of your meeting.
- Whether or not you will need a temporary phone line installed for your meeting.
- Whether or not you will need a Telcom technician to set up the unit, provide on-site training, and/or retrieve the unit after the meeting.
- Your department account number (if applicable).